Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) forms the integral part of the Server Rental Agreement and must be observed and complied with by all of our subscribers, irrespective of the type of server subscriber rents.
Use of Global Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Global AUP as well as Global TOS (Terms of Service).
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary Web sites. However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Global may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your Global account or other actions.
Guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of AUP:
- Ensure reliable service to our subscribers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws of the Province of Ontario and Canada
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities, which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
If a Global account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibility to Content
Subscribers are solely responsible for the content stored on Global Network.
Violations of AUP
(the list is inclusive, but not exhaustive)
- Illegal Use: Global services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities.
- Harm to Minors: Use of the Global service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats: Use of the Global service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Global service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent Activity: Use of Global service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes", "ponzi schemes", and "chain letters".
- Forgery or Impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous "remailers" or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited Commercial E-mail / Unsolicited Bulk email (SPAM): Use of the Global service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Global account.
- Doorway Pages: Creation and use of doorway pages, also known as bridge pages, portal pages, jump pages, gateway pages, etc., on Global servers for the purposes of redirecting visitors to other pages is prohibited.
- Email / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Global account.
- Email / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Global service is in violation of this AUP.
- Unauthorized Access: Use of the Global service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Global or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Use of the Global service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of Personal Data: Use of the Global service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network Disruptions and Unfriendly Activity: Use of the Global service for any activity, which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Global Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Global services could result in suspension service.
Subscribers are responsible for any misuse of their accounts, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. It is subscriber’s responsibility to take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. Subscribers are not to use their accounts to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
Subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
Global reserves the right to suspend network access to any customer if in the judgment of the Global network administrators the customer's server is the source or target of the violation of any of the other terms of the AUP or for any other reason which Global chooses. If inappropriate activity is detected, all accounts of the Subscriber in question will be deactivated until an investigation is complete. Prior notification to the Subscriber is not assured.
Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Global will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
Reporting Violations Of Global AUP
Global requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to email@example.com.
Global may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Subscriber's newsgroup posting privileges
- Suspend the Subscriber's account
- Terminate the Subscriber's account
- Bill the Subscriber for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action
Revisions To This AUP
Global reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be emailed to each Subscriber at the email provided to the Company.
The Subscriber has read this Acceptable Use Policy and agrees with its terms.